Monday, May 29, 2017

The June Bug

Do you have the June Bug like I do...longing for clear skies and sun, patriotic celebrations, graduations, maybe even a picnic or two?  Stitchers are usually stitching up something in anticipation of the days ahead and during the month of May, many stitchers are frantically starting new projects for StitchMaynia on Facebook.  This year marked my first StitchMaynia..I started five new pieces (some stitchers start 20 to 30 new projects....Eeeek!) and I'm excited to be able to just go to each one and stitch away because they are kitted up and already started.

I have been slowed down a bit by two projects that will be June presents...I'll show those after I deliver them...right now I'm trying to figure out how to frame them myself!  A little bit scary for me, but I've been watching framing videos on Flosstube (The Crafty Curator #29) to prepare myself.  I bought a Micro Stitch on Amazon to seal the sides of the fabric to foam board, but that's as far as I've gone for now.

In addition, I have chosen to finish the Little House Needleworks monthly series from a few years back and that also keeps me from ALL the projects I want to stitch!

Here is a picture of the MicroStitch...it really is quite nice and works well.  The kit comes with quite a few of the black or white stitches. Of course, I'll show the finished projects when the deed is done!


The following pictures show my monthlies for May and June...and the upcoming July monthly...



Next are some of my new starts, but first my patriotic dough bowl for the summer months...


This new start is Land That I Love by Little House Needleworks....I started this piece stitching with one thread over one square on 25 count fabric, but unfortunately my eyes are just too old to be able to be able to do that kind of stitching...Sad, because I love the way it looks.  So, I've restarted this piece stitching 2 over 2 on 32 count Platinum Lugana.  


And here is the first in a series of Early Americans by Little House Needleworks...I need to get going on Betsy Ross because John Hancock is already in the house!  The 30 count Tin Roof Linen by Weeks Dye Works looks a bit wonky here, but it's just a distortion of the picture for some reason.


And finally, here is a picture of a Mother's Day Tea I attended at my son's church...my daughter-in-law, Melinda is to the far left with her friend, Natasha standing in the back...my daughter Jennifer is next, then my granddaughter, Jessa (graduating from high school in June) ...next is me, and then Amanda, a friend of Melinda's.  We had a wonderful and blessed time...you can see the room was packed!


Remember those who have given up their lives for our freedom and thank God for his protection.

Happy Memorial Day!

Many Stitchy Blessings,
Susan

6 comments:

  1. Hi Susan...you sure have been busy with lovely stitching. I think you did a fabulous job with your May and June stitch. You need to tell me how you got the rick rack on so perfectly. July is off to a great start. I will definitely be getting America Land that I love. It's hard for me to resist really nice patriotic stitches and I love this one.
    I've never heard of micro stitch before...it looks like an interesting product that I need to look into.
    Such a lovely photo of you and the ladies in your family and such a wonderful tradition. RJ @stitchingfriendsforever2

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty pieces. The display is really nice. How exciting finishing your own pieces. The mother's day picture is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post to read and what lovely stitching to see! It looks like you had a fabulous time at the tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the display on your table, your certainly have lots of projects to work on. I never heard of stichmaynia before, I'll have to look into that, love an excuse to add more projects to my growing list!

    Your flat framing is perfect!! I have yet to attempt one of them.

    The tea looks lovely and a great group photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely finishes, Susan--the May one was a chart I had pulled and hoped to stitch myself. Time just got away from me--too many outdoor activities this time of year...

    Your patriotic display looks wonderful--those tiny birds are the cutest! And what a lovely tea--nothing like having your family with you on Mother's Day... And what a lovely family you have!

    Enjoy your June!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, sweet Susan, you've been so busy stitching, and I've so enjoyed seeing your progress on Instagram. My precious mom loved cross-stitch and was such an expert, and I also cross-stitched for a long time. I cherish her works of art, many of which I now have in our home...and I love them. What a beautiful photo of you all at the Mother's Day Tea. What a joy to get together and have a lovely ladies' day out! Hugs, precious friend! And amen about being so grateful for those who sacrificed so much for our freedom. Praise God! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments