Tuesday, April 18, 2017

April News

Good morning!  I hope your Easter was blessed with family and delicious food!  Mine certainly was! I went to my son's church in Long Beach where he is the pastor... for a delightful Easter service and then on to a restaurant called Claimjumper where they are known for mega-servings.  The 12 of us who gathered together were stuffed!  Here is a picture of my son, his wife and my two lovely granddaughters.


Now on to stitchy news...if you remember from a previous post,  I said I returned to cross stitching at the beginning of this year after many years away (I was in the midst of card-making for quite a long time). It seems no matter what I do, it doesn't take long for my stash to build!  I'm going to show you what I'm recently stitching, but it is not all of it. My WIPs (works in progress) are many, some just "kitted" and waiting.

First, my finished April monthly stitch by Little House Needleworks:


Here is my Spring dough bowl ... you can't see it in this picture, but the April monthly is sitting to the right.  Toward the back of the bowl is a Mill Hill beaded egg that I finished for the bowl.  I really loved beading!


And here is the May monthly in progress...



The next stitch is unfinished but I'm hoping to add it to my Spring bowl collection soon...
It's called Hello Spring and the designer is Hands On Design. I'm not using the "called for" fabric which is black (meant to look like chalkboard). My fabric is 25 count Stormy Night Lugana.  


I'm also in the process of stitching two presents...for the granddaughters shown above..
They will be graduating from high school and middle school in June.  Here is the piece for the high school grad...by Ursula Michael for Imaginating.


And the next is for the middle school grad...hers will be a bit smaller, but I couldn't leave her out, could I?  This piece is by My Big Toe.


Each stitchy project I'm working on has its own project bag by Made by Mama Joan  (Joan Seidel)...she is on Flosstube (You Tube), has been stitching for years and makes project bags to sell.  They are so well-made and the fabric is beautiful.  What I especially like is the "window" made from a heavy plastic that she sews into the front.  I can identify my project and don't have to look into each bag before I open!


Here is the front of one of the bags...Joan has coordinating fabric on each bag...one on the front and one on the back...

Finally, here is one of my next projects...very popular among stitchers right now.  By Lila's Studio, it is called Let Freedom Ring.  I admit it is huge (for me) and I find it daunting...but, one stitch at a time!


Stitches and Blessings,
Susan














9 comments:

  1. Hi Susan,

    Welcome to the cross stitch blogging world. You have been doing some beautiful stitching. I especially like the LHN April stitch. I've been eyeing Let Freedom Ring too...it is a beauty and should take some time. My friend and I just started a new blog too and would love if you would stop by for a visit. We are at stitchingfriendsforever2. Happy stitching. RJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments! And I will be checking out your blog...

      Delete
  2. What fabulous projects you are working on and/or finished! I really like the Hands On Design piece on that stormy night lugana. Are you stitching over one or two on that project? Your spring dough bowl looks super.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin! The Stormy Night Lugana is 25 count and I'm stitching over 2...

      Delete
  3. I hope you had a Happy Easter Susan! Such a beautiful family photo! Love all your needlework! What a gorgeous work of art to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an enjoyable post, Susan! Your Easter weekend sounds wonderful--any time spent with family makes it perfect, in my eyes :) I was a bit sad as this was the first Easter ever that our oldest son (the one in San Diego) wasn't with us. Just didn't seem right, somehow...

    Love your latest finish and your April bowl. I think I may have to stitch that May piece, too, as blue and yellow is my favorite color combinations (well I do love blue and brown, too!).

    Love the clear project pouches--they do make it easy to grab what you want. I tend to be a one project at a time stitcher, but I imagine for stitchers with lots of WIPs they would be perfect :)

    Hope you enjoy this last week in April--another year that is speeding by way too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Susan, I love seeing your stitching, and I have always loved cross-stitching on the finest thread count. It makes such a difference in the end product. I am so glad you had such a blessed Easter, and what a beautiful family! Hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pieces Susan. Love the bowl all decortaed

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments