Friday, February 3, 2017

First Stitching Post

Hi!  This is my first stitching post!  (Excuse the extreme simplicity of my blog's appearance...I have some work to do!).  I am also a stamper and have another blog...Stamp and Create With Susan...it showcases my stamping and cards that I have made, but recently my love for cross stitching has re-surfaced!  And so the obsession begins!

The first stitching I completed in January 2017 is from an idea I had that I would like to cross stitch some quart jar tops ...Meal in a Jar...as gifts for next Christmas.  I already had a booklet,  Jar Toppers by Leisure Arts, so I was off and running...little did I know how this would plunge me into the world of cross stitching, re-organizing everything to do with stitching, and occupy a great deal of my time (Happily!).


My first jar topper is stitched on 14 count, white Aida, as all the toppers will be (not sure how many there I will need).  Hmm...look at those hoop marks, even though I removed the hoop every evening!  I know they can be removed, but I switched over to Q-Snaps.


Next is my first WIP (new cross-stitching language has emerged since I last cross-stitched)...I'm not far from being done and these toppers go very quickly.


Next is an idea I came up with since Valentines Day is around the corner...Oh! I'll just whip together a little valentine ornament!  Sure!  Did I ever underestimate my stitching speed!

I'm learning so much from some very experienced stitchers on Floss Tube  and several Facebook groups like Stamp Maynia, Cross Stitch and Discuss, and The World of Cross Stitching.

Here is the heart pattern I'm following.  I found it in the January 2017 issue of Just Cross-stitch Magazine, page 35 (digital version)...


Looks easy, huh?  Well, it is, however I had no idea it would take me so long!  I'm stitching on 18 count, off white Aida.  I've only been cross stitching a month and I already have two WIPs!



I have no idea how often I will post....I do want to give a shout-out to two blogs I follow...a couple of incredibly experienced stitchers!  The first is Carol of Stitching Dreams and Vonna of Twisted Stitcher.  I so enjoy these two...I'm sure there will be many more as time goes by.

Stitched Blessings,
Susan







1 comment:

  1. Oh, Susan, I didn't know you were blogging your stitching! Yay! I love seeing it on Instagram, and your work is exquisite! My mom was an expert cross-stitcher and always encouraged me to use linen...and I did. She said once you try it, you will never go back...she was right! I still cherish the pieces of her work that she had beautifully framed. Hugs, dear friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments